Saturday, December 1

Common Sense !?

Whenever we are walking on a road, I usually get into this argument about which side of the road should we walk. The people who are with me, usually say on the left side (considering India or UK style, on which the traffic keeps on the left side). On asking them why, they usually say because thats the rule or some other lame reason.

Whereas, I always say on the right side. Reason being, that on the ride side you can see the car which is coming in front of you, and accordingly adjust your self on the road. (Forget about the footpaths, you wont find them, and when you do , there will be 2-wheelers trying to reach forward). Walking on the left side, I don't think I will see the car or whatever which is coming behind me and hence leaving everything on the mercy of the driver of the vehicle coming from the behind.

Walking on the right side, atleast you can be sure of yourself !!!

So which side will you choose ???

There was this saying we used when we were in school, went something like this !!!

"Common sense, is not so common these days !!"


PS : I have a theory on why people prefer the left side, but thats a material for a different topic.

No comments: